Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back in Black

Yea, I wore black pants today just so I could use that as my tagline ;)

So begins year two of this indefinite adventure that is public high school teaching. Newsflash.. I survived year one!! It was tough at times, and always challenging, but I have to say by the end I felt like I hit my stride. Graduation was the best birthday present EVER. Just seeing my kids walk across the stage with their families in the stands cheering them on, especially the ones that almost didn't make it through the year (academically and/or mortally), was the perfect end to the school year.

And now I'm back. Four weeks of training/classes at the Exploratorium and four weeks chilling at home in MD, and now I'm back. Raring to go. Sort of. I'm not sure I'm ready to be back yet, but we had our first day of work today and it was so good to see my coworkers again. Even saw some of the juniors (now seniors!) when they came to pick up their schedules. After seeing the kids again, I'm a little excited. Still don't feel quite in the school mode yet, but I still have two more work days and a weekend before class starts on Monday. So here we go!!

New adventures to come this year..
  • Year two of my physics curriculum.
  • No more Chem!!
  • ...but instead, one section of Algebra.
  • With freshmen.
  • Modified block scheduling (class four times a week, one of those times is 2x as long).
Let's do this like Brutus! Tune in soon for a new batch of adventures!

No comments: