Monday, August 31, 2009

One of These Things First

I survived the first week! It was really tiring, but it looks like this is going to be a good year. It's taking me a bit to learn all my freshies' names (don't blame me, there are 44 in my Earth Science class!) but the juniors and seniors do not disappoint. The dust hasn't quite settled on student schedules, so hopefully my class sizes will go down in the next few days. It's been so great seeing familiar faces and getting to hang out with the kids again. So here's some fodder to get you started on this year.. answers from different students on an "All About Me" questionnaire:
Describe something in nature that you would like to know more about.
I would like to no [sic] more about homeless people that are in the street why they are there
One time I was walking on the beach and I saw a dog jump of a cliff. I wana know what the hell was it thinking.

If you could spend a day with anyone, who would you choose and why?
I would choose my mom because I never spent a whole day with my mom and it would make me happy to see her have a good time outdoors.

What can I, as your teacher, do to make this class more engaging for you?
be you Ms. Chew the crazy hyper you.

Do you have any questions for me, your teacher?
Not really uhm you're cool so far. This is more of a comment.

What do you like least about school?
The birds.

No comments: