Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nobody Knows Me At All

Part of what I love about a new school year is getting to know a new group of kids. While I probably already knew about 70% of my kids this year, it's still great getting to actually be their teacher and know them a little better. I'm totally diggin' the no-freshmen thing.. and have been doubly blessed because almost all my physics kids are seniors. My class sizes are down because we went from three sections of physics last year to four this year. So there's not much for me to complain about. It's been a good start of the year and (at least with the physics) I totally feel like I've been doing this my whole life.

That being said, here are highlights from this year's "All About Me" worksheet..

If you could spend a day with anyone (living or dead), who would you choose and why?
My family because they are the best.
I guess it would be Obama, play against him in a basketball game.
I would spend a day with my grandmother because she is dead and their are certain actions that I committed in the past that I would love to apologize for and tell her I love her and miss her.
I would choose a mayan person so I can find out if the worlds really going to end.
I would want to spend the day wiht someone from history that never made it into the books.
I would go wit Hannah Montana I always wanted to meet and kiss her.
If I could spend a day with anyone it would be my parents. It would have to be my parents because I would like to know how it feels to have the two people you love the most reunite.
I would choose Justin Bieber cause his hair is so tight. I wish I could have his hair!!

What do you like most about school? Why?
What I like most about school is that keeps your mind away from things that hurts you just by thinking about it.
The teachers here at school because they are AWESOME!
What I like most about the school is that the teachers are good people.
The one thing I like the most about school is the teachers, because they push you to be succesful and dont give up on you.
My teachers because I know they're there when I need them
I like the hugs.
I get to spend time with my friends and b e a normal teenager and not a mom.

What do you like least about school? Why?
The gangstas! I just don't like them
I don't like how many students are not taking school seriusly.
Economy not enough supplies

What can I, as your teacher, do to make this class more engaging for you?
Just give me an A every-day, noh just kidding, but really though.
Pick on me in class I tend to sleep.
Be as chill as you can because it would make us feel bad and stressed to see you stressed and such.
Just be the Ms. Chew Rocks that everyone always talks about.

No comments: