Sunday, April 27, 2008

Power to the People

I had the kiddies do an activity where they estimated how many hours they used a few appliances each month and calculated how much money that would cost on a PG&E bill. I got some pretty freakin' awesome responses to the analysis questions..
Were you surprised by how much your appliances cost you each month? Why or why not?
Yes I understand my parents now! The fridge is expensive.

If microwaves and toasters need about 1000 W of power to operate, why do you think people still use them? (I was trying to get them to say that they are only used for a few minutes at time so it was okay that their wattages are on the high side.)
Because when their hungry they have to eat something.
because microwaves is very useful & it make thing go faster like soups are ready in 3 minutes so people don't have to wait too long to eat.
because the is the only way you can survie.

How might you save money on your next electric bill? Name at least three things you can do to use less energy at home.
not buying bread for the toaster anymore, how sad.
I think I should just use the computer to do my homework and not use it a lot to go to myspace!
Vaccum less.

And lastly, on their weekly warm-up sheet, re. a day I had to call in sick and get a sub..
Its nice to see yo face again I was sad to see that sandal man subsituting yesterday

No comments: